English Deutsch
Page 1 from 3 123 LastLast
Score 1 to 10 of 22

Subject: Corona virus - what do you think?

Registered since
    Dec 2014

Post Corona virus - what do you think?

Moin together,

short break here at the conference but wanted to take up the topic of the corona virus due to the current situation in the media.
    What do you think about it, the whole thing is completely overdone and how it is dealt with or are you perhaps even afraid of it?

Personally, I think the whole thing has been pushed up a lot, if you consider that in 2017/2018 there were around 25.000 deaths in Germany due to the group wave, it's all very clear now and there's absolutely no reason to panic. I'm annoyed by the scaremongering of the media, what do they want to achieve?

We're not talking about a virus like The Walking Dead or something like that at the moment, but something more manageable.

Currently there are said to be 13 infected people in Germany and around 770 dead worldwide, that's not very much to say the least, you don't know anything about the dead, were they possibly very old and sick, etc.

Now let's hear what you think, I'm curious. With this in mind, have a nice day!
      QuoteQuote

Expert Avatar of Gambler
    Registered since
    February 2019

AW: Corona virus - what do you think?

It's all a bit exaggerated, somehow you hear less about it than a few days ago.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

It's certainly not fun for everyone, especially people with a weak immune system can get problems, but for most of them the risk is not too high or similar to that of the flu.
      QuoteQuote

Expert Avatar of Ulken
    Registered since
    Meitheamh 2019

Bullshit the whole thing, not worth talking about.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

Well, I think you should talk about it, just don't panic.
      QuoteQuote

Junior Member Avatar of Mexxx
    Registered since
    Dec 2019

Now the hype is really partly over, you hardly read anything about it anymore.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

That then turned around again, the topic is currently very widespread again and sometimes you can already feel fear and uncertainty among the people. I don't really know what to think about it somehow well I wouldn't need it now but on the other hand I just hope not to get in touch with it.
      QuoteQuote

Forum representative Avatar of playtime slotti
    Registered since
    Sep 2014

Post AW: Corona virus - what do you think?

This is currently more present than ever before and the Spread is progressing rapidly. Events/fairs are cancelled, people stock up on supplies and it also has a really bad impact on the economy. The stock markets crash, worse than on Black Monday 1987. The DAX fell by 2000 points within a week. The Dow Jones is above 3200 points (more than 10%) and even the price of gold is falling. But what falls will eventually rise again.

There are crisis meetings, communities are quarantined. You can't actually prevent the spread, you can only protect yourself by always washing your hands, thoroughly and more often than before. But panicking now isn't good either.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

It's also quite extreme here, at least in part. Some supermarkets here were almost empty, one in front of me bought canned food etc. for 500€.. then one wonders what people think will happen.. I think some of them have The Walking Dead closed often seen..
      QuoteQuote

Support Team Avatar of playtime spielo
    Registered since
    Sep 2014

More and more countries are closing their doors, it's just a shame that I have a flight to Germany next week, I'm strongly assuming that that will also be cancelled. My personal opinion is that once again, the people alone can create a worldwide panic. It is more than understandable that the individual countries react and close their gates, but why some of them run here now and buy everything empty like tarantulas remains a mystery to me. If people behaved normally, it wouldn't be half as bad and you could focus on the actual virus!
      QuoteQuote

Active Users

Active Users

Active users in this topic: 2 (Registered users: 0, guests: 2)

Tags