English Deutsch
Score 1 to 7 of 7

Subject: airline bankruptcy

Registered since
    Dec 2014

airline bankruptcy

Hi all,

I think it's crazy how the market around the airlines is changing. First, in the last year or the year before last, the end for Air Berlin, which surprised me, and now Germania is also at the end.

We flew with Germania on Mallorca last summer, they were good, it's really a shame that more and more people are breaking away here and therefore soon only the right cheap planes will be at the start, especially on shorter routes.

We really enjoyed flying with both airlines, and they weren't the only ones who went bankrupt last year.
      QuoteQuote

Support Team Avatar of playtime spielo
    Registered since
    Sep 2014

Re: Airline bankruptcy

The problem is not only the tough competition, many companies are only subsidiaries that are just sucked dry and then capital is made out of it with insolvency. However, AirBerlin was run badly, which was to be expected when you offer flights almost for free, but still provide the best service before and during a flight. Since the Lauda sale, they have basically only been in the red and hypocritically balanced it with the parent company. Well, on the one hand I don't understand the people who only book cheap flights and on the other hand I don't understand the airlines, who also go along with it and catapult themselves into their own demise. RyanAir are probably the only ones who can secure the market in this way in the long term.
      QuoteQuote

Expert Avatar of Gambler
    Registered since
    February 2019

Hallo,

it's bad so many who always lose their jobs.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

Unfortunately, that is always the problem, especially the small or normal workers are hit the hardest. One can only hope that they will all find somewhere else as soon as possible.

I heard that Germania had 500.000 flights from Nuremberg last year, you have to catch them first and from an economic point of view it would also be more than important for the location of Nuremberg Airport that someone here enter big. They have already felt the loss of Air Berlin very much.
      QuoteQuote

Support Team Avatar of playtime spielo
    Registered since
    Sep 2014

Then you read things like that the sole owner Karsten Balke of Germania is said to have withdrawn money from the company since mid-April 2018 in order to keep it safe from the insolvency administrator. So you probably already knew that sooner or later you won't be able to pull the cart out of the dirt anymore.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

Yes, unfortunately, the bosses are always smart and pinch money early on so that they have enough.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

Of course, many people are affected by the crap, my parents are there too. You had booked a flight from Nuremberg to Lanzarote in March, but luckily as a package tour the flight would only have gone with Germania. The seat reservation is of course gone, they now fly from Stuttgart with Flyuia, it's awesome too.

First of all, Flyuia is the Ukraine International Airline, does anyone know them?
      QuoteQuote

Active Users

Active Users

Active users in this topic: 1 (Registered users: 0, guests: 1)