English Deutsch

Show poll result: Should Joachim L�w resign as national coach?

Participants
5. You are not allowed to vote in this poll
  • Ja

4 80,00%
  • No

1 20,00%
Score 1 to 7 of 7

Subject: The end of the German team at the 2018 World Cup

Registered since
    Dec 2014

Question The end of the German team at the 2018 World Cup

Hi all,

As surely everyone knows by now, Germany was eliminated from the 2018 World Cup. The end in the preliminary round, for the first time ever, was a bit embarrassing with so many supposed stars.

I'm interested in your opinion on the trainer, the yogi has been in power for 12 years now, regardless of how he decides, what do you want?

Should Mr. L�w resign as national coach?
      QuoteQuote

Support Team Avatar of playtime spielo
    Registered since
    Sep 2014

AW: The end of the German team at the 2018 World Cup

What else can I say, a trainer has achieved what you can only achieve, but that was back in 2014!
      QuoteQuote

Senior Member avatar of buzzi
    Registered since
    Dec 2014

I'm not an expert, but if he's been a trainer for so long, you should maybe think about a successor.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

I think he should have retired in 2014 after winning the title, there couldn't have been a better exit.

Now this departure is remembered with him. He was Jürgen Klinsmann's co-trainer until 2006 and then took over after the World Cup.
      QuoteQuote

Forum representative Avatar of playtime slotti
    Registered since
    Sep 2014

On WDR2, on the same day as the elimination, the listeners were asked for their opinion and one of the listeners had already left her pertinent comment by e-mail. It was only five words:

haughtiness comes before the event

A few letters to the editor from today's Westfalenpost in current affairs.

To be honest, I don't know much about football. But pride comes before a fall. "We're going to Russia to defend the title." "The best team we have ever sent to a tournament."

Anyone who cracks such jokes is a loudmouth or already has his pants full. Dear Jogi L�w, you had good young players at your disposal, but you left them at home and wanted to win the tournament with the old, tired, worn-out kickers.

But it is even worse to go into battle with Erdogan's friends. Who neither sing the national anthem nor want to stand up for our country. One rotten apple in a basket spoils all the rest too. A coach who takes the best defender off when the score is 0-0 and then concedes two more goals cannot know much about football.

In return, the weak �zil was allowed to continue to walk around the square without doing anything. Dear Jogi, give up the rudder.

Succeeded

You can also learn something positive from the World Cup from our national team. An interim goal was to avoid the possible opponent Brazil in the preliminary round by skilful tactics. We managed that very well by occupying the last place in the final table.

fluff in the head

The final of the German national soccer team reminds me of the great Queen hit "We were the champions". My gut tells me: drive the player agents to hell! They put nonsense in young people's heads and destroy the "most beautiful" sport! Millions don't like to walk!

[Source Westfalenpost at the weekend - current affairs letters to the editor World Cup from the national team]

I agree with most of the statements but I don't think the national coach should resign. Of course there were misjudgments and decisions, I think he is very aware of that now. Critical questioning of oneself and a rethinking should then lead to positive events again in the future.
      QuoteQuote

Registered since
    Dec 2014

I already wrote above that I think he should have stopped 4 years ago, but of course not because he was bad there, but because it's just not possible to achieve more.

Most of the players who became world champions four years ago, I think, lack the last bite to want or be able to achieve this again, young players who have not yet achieved that much are of course still differently adjusted.

I'm out of the topic of money and football, I can only be annoyed about the sums that are being discussed and what everyone is earning. This is beyond what is appropriate so much rest assured.
      QuoteQuote

Support Team Avatar of playtime spielo
    Registered since
    Sep 2014

It's not just the trainer's fault, it's the whole team's fault, but in Germany people always like to blame it on the one responsible person who can then be held accountable. Glumbi is right, with the world championship title, Jogi and all the old millionaires should have made way for the young. Man look at the Swiss, young dynamic team, little more money than other better jobs but highly motivated, if it's fun to watch anywhere it was one of the teams at the World Cup so far.
      QuoteQuote

Active Users

Active Users

Active users in this topic: 1 (Registered users: 0, guests: 1)