PDA

Leave archive and view this page in default theme : Eviction due to suspicious item

playtime slotti
06.08.19, 15: 55
The Duisburg Forum Passage had to be evacuated yesterday because of a suspicious object!

Yesterday we happened to be in Duisburg and towards evening we actually wanted to go to a certain ice cream parlor on the corner of the passage before we went home. After we came out of the City Palais, which is practically opposite, we were already wondering why everything is closed off and so many people are gathered around it. Now there is also an ice cream parlor right next to the City Palais, so we sat down there. At first you thought, well maybe a false alarm, as is so often the case.

A short time later, however, the bomb squad from Duesseldorf arrived, and even then one still thought that they always had to come for such operations anyway. At some point we left, but afterwards the restricted area had to be extended until late in the evening to the opera. As it turned out, this was by no means harmless, because according to police information, the suspicious bag contained a dummy bomb that was ultimately detonated. A suspect had already been identified and pursued to Amsterdam, where he was finally arrested late in the evening. The man is probably not a blank slate and is assigned to the scene of the so-called Reich citizens. Now imagine you're sitting right nearby and it wasn't a dummy and the thing blew up, unthinkable. Only crazy people and lunatics run around here, no matter what nationality.

Glumbi
06.08.19, 16: 25
It's bad when you're only disturbed... it's really annoying, but most of the time you can't tell by looking at people...

Ulken
07.08.19, 11: 56
Yes, there are generally a lot of rabble around in this country, you can't like it.

MaryP
07.08.19, 12: 20
Yes, especially as a woman, it's not always easy, lately I think it's even worse than it already was. Especially in the evening or when it gets later, you often have a really bad feeling on the way home.

Glumbi
07.08.19, 12: 26
Mary I can only imagine, as a woman it must be a lot worse. It's really bad how everything is developing at the moment.

gamblejohn
07.08.19, 17: 14
I used to be out and about in Frankfurt Main a lot, everything was there on the street and nobody was interested. Ok, those were different times, I only walked the streets with 5 bottles of beer, otherwise you couldn't keep the pack off your back.

playtime spielo
07.08.19, 17: 39
There are weirdos all over the world, it's sad to see what we have to expect of our children in the future!

Glumbi
07.08.19, 19: 02
Especially the topic of children is my problem... if I were alone and didn't have one well bad enough but when I imagine they are of course getting older and want to leave... my goodness there can't be a night sleep more...

playtime slotti
08.08.19, 08: 58
One can no longer feel safe today, whether in broad daylight or in the evening, whether man, woman or child. One must be constantly alert and have one's eyes and ears everywhere.

Ulken
10.08.19, 15: 28
That's true, best is if you have something with you to defend yourself in an emergency or like me, I often have security guards on my side depending on where I'm going.

Glumbi
10.08.19, 15: 46
Well, what do you want to take with you, we can't all walk around with knives and co in our pockets. And pistols like in the USA is not possible at least not legally and well that's not really the solution now... hm security people, a good option even if I can't imagine it with you right now .

Ulken
13.08.19, 11: 49
You don't have to imagine anything, it's like that, of course, only on certain occasions, not always that I have someone around me. I'm already well equipped here, should someone try to break in here...

Glumbi
13.08.19, 15: 23
I don't like to imagine what it looks like with you, although I would like to see your domicile, it's pretty well equipped from what you read here.

Ulken
14.08.19, 09: 58
That's for sure, I couldn't live in such a small cramped place.

Gambler
14.08.19, 10: 24
Oh, how you are used to it, I have been living in a smaller apartment for a long time and I find it quite comfortable and beautiful here.

MaryP
14.08.19, 16: 31
Phew, a difficult topic, at least I feel safe here in my area so far, but every now and then an uneasy feeling creeps in.